CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

MORE odd Canadian things...

On Sunday Mark was complaining that I never buy enough milk. He wanted cereal and we had about a drop of milk left.  I only ever bought a liter carton of milk, cuz I never drink milk, and Mark never seemed to want milk except on random Sundays when he wanted cereal.  But he insisted that if I bought a big BAG of milk he would drink it.  So the next time I was at the grocery store I bought a BAG of milk for the first time.  Yes when I say BAG, I mean BAG.  It is by far one of the strangest Canadian things I have run into.  So allow me to give you a lesson in the BAG of milk experience.

STEP 1: Buy bag of milk.



STEP 2: Buy special pitcher just for BAGS of milk






STEP 3: Open BAG of milk to find 3 one liter bags of milk

STEP 4: Put BAG of milk in the milk pitcher, milk stays in the bag. The milk does not get dumped out of the bag into the pitcher. It always stays in the bag.


STEP 5: Cut the corner of the bag as an opening through which the milk pours out.  Cut a small hole in the other corner of the bag to allow for air flow and easy pouring.


STEP 6: Enjoy your milk in a bag.




-THE END





3 comments:

Unknown

as someone who drinks milk all the time i am going to say that is the oddest thing i have ever seen

Kathy

Well it is just non sensicle! It's all plastic anyway!!

Anonymous

As you can see in the photos, there are actually 4L of milk in the big blue bag, and 3 bags, not 4! Each clear bag contains 1.33 litres of milk, not 1 -- that wouldn't add up.

I live in Canada and have only ever used bags or cartons of milk; I've never used a jug. I think a jug would be very heavy and difficult. The bags of milk are lightish and only need one hand for pouring (even for children). They're also more environmentally friendly.

Post a Comment